Fresh Start: New Year Home Maintenance Checklist
As we step into the New Year, there's no better time to give your home a fresh start. Whether you're into resolutions or not, a well-prepped home can set the tone for a positive and organized year ahead. Follow these easy steps to refresh your space, creating an environment that offers comfort and joy.
- Test and replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Clean gutters and remove debris.
- Seal windows and doors for energy efficiency.
- Inspect exterior siding; touch up with seal and paint.
- Replace air filters.
- Change the water filter in your fridge.
- Check the water heater for leaks.
- Test plumbing shut-off valves.
- Clear sink and bathroom drains; unclog if needed.
- Clean the dryer vent.
- Donate or discard unused items from the past year.
- Clean the garbage disposal.
- Vacuum fridge coils.
- Remove expired or unused items from your pantry and fridge.
With these easy tasks, you’ll create a comfortable, organized, and joyful home for the year ahead. Meet with your handyman to tackle this checklist and give your home a fresh start for the New Year.